Friday, October 2, 2015

More on the gifts of autism

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/autism-hidden-advantages/406180/

Seems like there's increasing evidence for autism benefitting all kinds of intelligences and fields, not just science and mathematics.  I'm glad to see that, because math took a disliking to me in 6th grade and hasn't really gotten along with me since.  And science is fine, but not something I want to devote my life to.
My interests align more closely with writing, reading, education, and public relations.  I'm starting to see the need for visible autistic people, not just visible in print or in books or at conventions, but visible in the lives and communities of people.  But that's hard to do if people assume you can't do all of that from the start.  You can only kick down so many closed doors, y'know?  

No comments:

Post a Comment