Tuesday, October 20, 2015

LENS and Life, week of 10/13

One site again today.  It's probably just going to be one site forever, after this, until we eventually taper off and cease treatment entirely.  Or unless I get a traumatic head injury, I guess.  Going to try and pass on that. 

The family birthdays have almost abated.  I have to make sure to say something to my mother tomorrow, lest I be a terrible daughter.  I already gifted her something, and she liked it, but that's really not an excuse to ignore the day itself.  After this it's only friends' birthdays, and eventually mine.  Bleh.  Yay presents, boo people making me the center of attention.  I share that dislike with my boy.  Though it kinda looks like he's gearing up to throw me a party, which gives me license to visit the same unkindness on him next May.  I should probably tell him that in the spirit of fair warnings. 

A couple weeks left at the job.  This week has actually been kinda awful, so I started counting days.  I was really trying not to do that, because I've found it directly corresponds to a marked decline in good attitude, but at this point the attitude is already gone, so I might as well.  Between multiple new insurances, my boss forgetting to do stuff 'til the last minute (and then unfortunately having me do it, because he's still absurdly busy), and the never ending slew of callers and voicemails, I'm out of energy and sanity.  I am literally glaring at the phone when it rings, and not picking it up.  And sometimes making mouthy comments at it.  It deserves it.  The people on the other end probably don't, but that phone absolutely deserves my dislike. 

I'm starting to spend a lot of time in bed, rather than sitting at my computer or going out and doing things.  I think I might need to cut that out.  My bed is nice and comfy, but I seem to end the afternoons brain burned rather than feeling relaxed.  I blame the fact that I stare at a computer screen most of the time at work.  Doesn't really make me want to stare at a computer screen when I get home.  But perhaps if I started using my desk as a desk instead of a computer-stand, that could be something. 

My old desk wouldn't have stood for that, as it was barely big enough to hold my computer, but I have a new one.  I rescued it from the dumpster.  It unfortunately needed a good bit of cleaning, but it's relatively well made, larger and sturdier than my old one, and even comes with a keyboard shelf.  I don't dumpster dive as a hobby or even really a passing interest, but my mother taught me that sometimes people throw out perfectly good stuff.  I once got a fantastic (if odd) pole lamp that way, a coffee table I'm still using, a TV and VCR in college, and another TV I ended up gifting.  Also a couple computer screens, a keyboard (which I'm now using), a set of shelves, a handmade kitchen island (made for an apartment just like mine, still using), and this desk.  I guess donating things is a lot of hassle for some people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment