Tuesday, October 6, 2015

LENS and Life, Week of 9/29

No sites today, because my doctor is on vacation.  I should be fine for a week or so without LENS, but I'm worried about the upcoming weekend.  I will be seeing lots of family, including my new nephew.  I will also be staying in a house I don't much like, in a room that isn't mine. 

I love my family, and of all of us, I have the shortest drive for this family gathering, but I definitely expect this trip to be exhausting.  I've mostly managed to avoid being a terrible daughter/sister-in-law by snagging presents for everyone, so at least I have that going for me.  I still have to wrap them, though...

It's hard to think, honestly.  Road trips make my brain full of anxiety-fog, and this trip, though short, is no exception. 

Let's see... what else.  I put in my notice today.  My one-month notice.  My boss took it fairly well, which was good of him because it would have hurt if he'd gotten mad at me.  My reasons for leaving are good, and I know they're good, but it still kinda hurts to disappoint him. 

This week I also get to have my flu shot.  I'm getting it earlier in the year this year, and fervently hoping the disease experts chose the right strains.  When you get a flu shot, it's not just one kind of dead flu they inject you with, it's several.  That's in hopes that they'll cover whatever mutations the flu goes through as it travels.  Some years their guesses are better than others.  Without a job, the effect of having to stay home for a week wouldn't be as bad, but I'd still rather skip it.  I'm also really hoping I don't get sick from the shot, because apparently that happens too.  Still, likely to be less sick from body over-reacting to dead flu than body being attacked by live flu. 


No comments:

Post a Comment