Tuesday, September 29, 2015

LENS and Life, week of 9/22

One site again.  The doctor was thinking about doing two, but when she asked about the effect of the first one and I reported feeling more awake, she muttered something about my brain being very sensitive and put the LENS equipment away.

I'd be annoyed, but she's probably right.  I can throw my entire mood down the toilet if I eat too much sugar.  Getting insufficient sleep has definite effects on me.  It wouldn't at all surprise me if my brain was something on the order of the princess in "The Princess and the Pea," where the lady in question was apparently so sensitive that she could feel an uncooked pea shoved underneath 20+ mattresses, and that was enough to keep her from sleeping.  The story always struck me as utterly ridiculous, especially given the glorification of said sensitivity at the end, but the comparison may be apt.

This week I will be handing in my resignation to my job.  I don't love what I do, and since I have the option to not do it, I should focus on doing something else that will be satisfying and worthwhile.  It took me awhile to get to this point, because it's easy to stay miserable and stable, and hard to throw it away and pursue something new and only possibly better.  I blame my doctor.  She won't mind the negative phrasing of that last sentence and will definitely approve of my decision to leave. 

This week I also have to panic about presents (three family birthdays incoming, gah), get tires for my poor long-suffering car, and get new shoes.  October is the month of wallet-suffering for my family.  My mother, father, sister-in-law, and I all have birthdays in October.  My brother is the only one to break the trend, with a birthday in June.  The parents and my sister-in-law's birthdays also fall within two weeks of each other.  And I'm doing to be seeing all of them in a week or so.  Must shop for aaaaallll the things. 

I might see if I can get a haircut this week or next, too.  It's getting cooler outside, but my hair is not getting in any better condition and I'm kind've tired of it being everywhere.  I'll see how much it'll take to donate the cut hair to Locks of Love, then have them do something nice and low maintenance with whatever's left.  At least it'll be easier to care for in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment