Tuesday, July 5, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 7/5/16

Two sites this week, but we're basically caught up.  My doctor, who possesses observational skills I would nearly commit murder to have, thinks I'm reacting and acting about how I was prior to us taking a month off from the LENS.  So it only took a few weeks, and we theorize I was basically okay for about 3-4 weeks before things started deteriorating.  So she suggests we keep that in mind, as that might be our time frame for future visits.

The chiropractor takes the entire week off this week, but I've had four visits thus far, and less neck tension and pain after awhile.  Directly after the visits, I usually have higher amounts of cracking sounds in my neck and back, plus some aching or mild stabbing pains, but it eventually settles down.

It's probably just as well they're taking a break like that, because in approximately three hours, I need to be across the state in Detroit.  I'm going to be down to one grandma soon, it seems...  This has been a long time coming, so I'm not being destroyed by it, but it's wreaking havoc on my uncle and my only cousin is already up there.  So I'll be meeting my dad, and thereafter... I'm not really sure what happens.  And neither is anyone else, probably.

The entire of last weekend was a messy, unscheduled whirlwind, and it looks like this week will follow suit.  I'm packing clothes for four days with the intent to only stay the day, and the suspicion that four days' clothes might not be enough.

The weekend was at least nice.  It was, of course, the 4th of July weekend, so fireworks abounded (and they were loud and made me jump a lot).  But we also had some friends from the other side of the state stay here.  Their usual crash spot wasn't available, and since we like them well enough, we got the spare bedroom ready for them.  They're good people, but where I like to plan my weekends, effectively having start times and planned exit times for events, they kind of... wing stuff.  It's like watching a card game progress, except the card game's stakes are all the time in your day.  You can opt to not play, as I did the second day.  But then you might get stuck at home, alone, for 6+ hours.  Which is what happened when I bowed out of a D&D game because I was cramping, aching, tired, and miserable.

We did see fireworks this weekend, though.  Specifically, we caught the Grand Rapids show.  This entailed driving all the way downtown, then walking over to the correct section of the city.  The spot our friends picked out was right up near the river, and the fireworks basically covered about an 80 degree angle.  They were big, bright, and loud.  I always bring ear plugs with me when I go places, so this time I got to hand out like four pairs.  Now I need to buy more ear plugs.  I'm okay with that.  It's always nice to spare people suffering.

Beyond that, I'm feeling a little under the weather at present.  I haven't gotten enough sleep for the last three days, so that won't help, but usually not sleeping enough doesn't mess with my nose or throat.  So it's back to the zinc candy things, in case I'm getting sick, so they can hurry my immune system along with kicking whatever it is to the curb.  

I'm not sure this Friday will have an entry.  I'll do my best, but I'm leaving half my materials and my writing desk setup a couple hundred miles away when I drive to Detroit.  Preemptive apologies, if I miss it in the chaos. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, Sarah,
    I was afraid that when you mentioned an emergency trip to Detroit, it was not good news about your grandmother. I am so sorry to hear she is failing. I don't know how close you were to her, but it is really hard to lose a grandparent; I know my kids, especially Kim, was really impacted by her grandparents deaths. So I will be thinking of you, and praying that you are OK with all the uncertainty and hubbub that illnesses entail. and that your health doesn't mess you up too much with all the busyness. I will wait to hear from you before wwe set up another time. and this is probably not a good time to mention it, but we will be up north the 17th-24th, if you're available to take care of the critters. but we will just have to wait and see. Strength and blessings to you even now in this really difficult time for you. mary

    ReplyDelete