Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Legwork and Life, week of 10/18/17


I appear to still be alive and functioning, so things must be going well.  Or reasonably well.  It would be nice if I wasn't having to air out the apartment from another mold infestation (home made bread left too long, this time).  It wasn't that bad the last time, because it was summer and nice out.  It is now fall and a mite chillier than I'm happy in.  I should be okay to shut the door and keep it shut in an hour or two, though.  I already feel less like I'm swallowing glass shards.

Birthdays seem to have gone okay so far.  I sent my sister-in-law a couple small things and called her, but was a derp and called too late in the day to actually get ahold of her.  I'll try to do better next year.  My mother's birthday was up after that, and while normally I'd do the same basic thing, buy a present and call, this year I was able to be a bit fancier.  My parents just moved into this area, which means they don't know all the restaurants, shops, and attractions.  So I took my mother to one of the larger farm markets in the area and bought her a good armload or two of farm-fresh groceries.  She has very exacting dietary requirements, so having all this fresh food, plus knowing where the place was, served as a pretty decent present.  Or she seemed happy, anyway. 

Other than a few friends having birthdays soon, that pretty much ends the birthday-o-rama for the year.  Normally I'd have a combination birthday party with another friend, sometime between his birthday and mine, but this year I'm going to be out of town pretty much up to my birthday.  So I guess that probably won't happen.  Chris is going to be a sweetheart and give me a nice relaxing experience (hot tub, massage, good food, etc) nearish the actual day, though, so I think we can safely say I'll be sufficiently pampered.

The trip I'm referring to, for being out of town, is starting off with the wedding I mentioned last week.  I'm really looking forward to it.  One of the grooms is possibly the most adorable human being I've ever met, so getting to see him married to someone he loves is basically amazing.  I mean, it's a fancy formal occasion so it'll tire me the heck out, but I may also be so gleeful about it that I'll break/rewire some brain circuits and be happier as a person from now on.  We can only hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment