Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Legwork and Life, week of 2/13/19

This is Legwork and Life, where I track the legwork and opportunities in my career as an autistic advocate, and also describe parts of my adult autistic life, including my perspectives on everyday problems and situations.

Hello from another doctor's office, where I'm getting my medical expenses out of the way before my health care plan rolls over.  There are such gems as "getting a wisdom tooth pulled," and "checking to make sure I haven't acquired skin cancer somewhere."  The latter, at least, seems to all be in order.  I wasn't super worried, but I thought I'd noticed some changes in one of my moles.  Apparently normal changes, so that's good.

After all this is said and done, I think I'm going to actually manage to get all the  blood tests I wanted to get done.  So I'll have updates on what my vitamin levels look like, now that it's the middle of winter and I've been taking my supplements faithfully.  Hopefully it'll be a good guide as to how to deal with the excessive tiredness...  

I'm super tired today, and have been for a few days.  I'm not sure if that's screwiness with the new light box, the weather, hormones, or what.  I'm making me a grump, though, which is super unhelpful for getting through life and getting work done.  I guess I just feel like I'm slogging through life.  It's very unhelpful for being a good spouse.

Relatedly, today is the 13th of the month, which makes it our monthaversary.  My spouse and I express our appreciation for each other via a minor celebration every 13th of the month.  (We started dating and were married on the 13ths of those respective months, so it kind of makes sense.)  In Februaries this is kind of weird because then Valentine's Day is the very next day.  We don't have big plans for either occasion, though, which is probably just as well due to my current state.  

In happier news, my grandmother seems to be doing better.  In times past, I'd only see her about once a month, but I've been trying to do better about that and we're visiting about once a week.  It's not much, it feels like, but it's something.  Something is better than nothing.

Also, if you're seeing this late and wondering why... I seem to accidentally have scheduled it to go live at 9 PM instead of 9 AM... oops.  Hopefully that won't happen again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment