Tuesday, June 9, 2015

LENS and life, week of 6/2

Work is continuously running long these days.   Not a pleasing trend in the slightest.  I can't tell if the LENS is doing anything, or if the fact that I'm not presently going completely bonkers with stress /is/ the LENS doing things.

This week I seem to be spending alternating days on the phone with people who called and left messages, and insurance companies.  Y'know, in between the people who are presently calling.  Have I mentioned how much I hate using the phone?

Still no sign of my counterpart at work.  I really doubt they'll be back now, which means this giant pile of paperwork I'm trying desperately to sort and make work is going to be all mine.  But no word of a replacement, because my counterpart hasn't officially left yet.  It's all just ducky.

Had a traumatic experience occur this last Friday, which you'll be able to read about this Friday.  The situation is being handled, but I think it'll be okay.  Stay tuned, I'll probably kvetch about it in future updates too.

I'm still playing with the concept of going mute every now and then.  Establishing a quiet zone in my mind, like how libraries are supposed to be silent or God help you, a librarian will swoop down and be angry with you.  Except maybe slightly less oppressive.  I suspect that kind of silence is something meditation might have supposed to have provided as well, but I guess I'm bad at sitting still and just concentrating on the present.  Unless the present is actively traumatizing me, anyway.

I think that's a common problem with this society, actually, where we're all so stressed and busy and looking forward or backward but never right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment