Tuesday, May 19, 2015

LENS report: week of 5/15

This week's session was extremely minimalistic.  Usually I have to shut my eyes for her to do the adjustments.  This week she just did them while we were talking.  I'm not sure if I was literally so still while talking that it didn't matter, or if she was in a hurry, or if the adjustments were meant to be so minimal it didn't matter that I was still blinking and moving my jaw.  

Anyway, nothing impressive to report.  I might have left the office in a slightly better mood than I entered it, but whether that was the conversation or the brainpokes I couldn't say.  The conversation revolved around varies stressors in my life: my jobs (both of them are being stressful right now), my family, and some of my regular weekly events that have become less fun and more frustrating.  

My current condition overall is "extremely stressed, mildly dehydrated, over-sensitive to sounds/touch, and slightly crabby."  I'm working my way through the Dresden Files book series, which is a magical investigator/detective series. It's notable for having a dark, fantastic world, but- unlike real life- the underdog good guy always wins in the end.  He takes a lot of hits, some of them change his whole world (not always for the better), but eventually, the people trying to do the right thing end up doing the right thing and evil is crushed, or at least handed a major defeat.  That is precisely the kind of story I need to absorb right now, because with all the bad and ugly stacked up high on my plate, I kind of need the hope that eventually it'll be over.  

I highly recommend the series.  It can be a bit preachy, but it has good things to say and the stories can be kind of fun.  The writing is good, the characters change and grow, and the world changes as the stories progress.  It's well done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment