Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Legwork and Life, week of 5/9/17

It must be one of those days, I've been mentally making crab pincers all week.  If you can do the Star Trek Vulcan "live long and prosper" gesture, but then snap those fingers together and apart like crab pincers, you get the general idea.  That's my "I'm crabby" gesture.

I feel incredibly overwhelmed with projects.  My desk has the reminders for five "things-to-do"/projects, and there's at least a couple more lurking around the apartment, never mind the ones that are only on my computer.  I want to be supportive of the various projects and people and be responsible with my time and such, but I think if this keeps up, I might go batty.   I shouldn't be hearing my own heartbeat and having to pointedly take deep breaths to lifehack my own nervous system.

On a happier note, my back pain does appear to be over, thanks to some helpful tips from friends.  I got multiple recommendations to use a memory foam mattress topper, which I didn't want to resort to since my bed's firmness is adjustable.  So I simply made the bed softer, and that seems to have fixed the problem.  Haven't had back pain in the morning since doing that. 

Chris' birthday celebration ended up making for a long day, but the celebration bit was good, so I'll call that a success.  His phone has been on the fritz for months, shutting itself off and being a pain, and he's had it for more than four years.  So we finally sprung for a new one.  Chris took his time picking through the various offerings at the store we went to, and, after deciding, picked up some accessories and such.  We ended up combining our two devices onto a single plan, which will cost about as much as we were paying separately, but with better reception for him and a bit less data for him as well.  Hopefully it'll go well despite that. 

After the trip to the phone store, I took him out to eat at one of his favorite restaurants, for a very late dinner (around 8 or 9, I think).  Fortunately that particular restaurant is open 'til 10pm, so we didn't have to eat and run.  It was a nice end to what had apparently been an eventful and chaotic day.  I'd had ambitions of taking him out to a movie as well, but there wasn't time. 

This weekend is the trip to CT, which we will thankfully be able to fly for, rather than drive.  Much appreciation to Chris' parents for that!  Driving the 13+ hours is an exhausting, crabbifying ordeal.  Flying takes much less time, is much safer, and once you're through security, is usually much less stressful for me.  Heck, I could even nap on the airplane.  Or do some of these projects... 

No comments:

Post a Comment