Tuesday, June 21, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 6/21//16

One site last week.  Probably another this week.  I wouldn't say my anxiety level is back to normal, but it's probably decreasing. 

This week finds me simultaneously more tired and less tired overall.  The vitamin D, overall, has been giving me more energy... but I think maybe the vitamin B is interfering with my sleep and my ability to nap.  So, uh.  Some good, some bad I guess.  I mentioned this to the doctor and she notes that it's best to take it before noon.  I've been trying to do that, and it might be helping?  I might just try to take the stuff first thing in the morning.  Gives it lots of time to wear off.

It's officially summer.  That hopefully means the Pokemon Go app will be out soon, which will encourage me to go outside and walk despite the slightly horrifying temperatures of late.  I'm comfortable at about 75-77 degrees Fahrenheit, and start getting uncomfortable at 80 degrees.  So naturally it's been well in excess of that lately.  Sunday, for instance, featured temperatures in the mid 90s.  For me, that's "hide inside and hope it goes away" weather.  Unless, I suppose, there's a beach and cold drinks.

I was sick earlier, starting on Saturday.  Not really sure with what, I just woke up with a sore throat, a fuzzy head, a malfunctioning nose, and a general feeling of malaise.  The sore throat proceeded to get better and then worse over the course of the day, as I plied my system with zinc and elderberry to try to shorten what I assumed was a cold.  Until my guts got annoyed with me.  So now I'm not sure what's wrong with me.  Chris also got indigestion on the same day, so perhaps it's food related?  But if so, he shook it off pretty fast and I really, really didn't.  Anyway, it seems to be getting better slowly.

This last week was pretty much life as normal, beyond that.  I'm trying harder on cooking and a buffer for this blog, but letting exercise lapse because of the few opportunities and the sickness.  I made another whole wheat pie crust, which I think turned out better this time.  Probably helps that I didn't leave the flour out for a few days.  But I also had a better idea of how to get the butter integrated with the flour/salt.  The fact that I don't own a sifter is probably not helping, but it doesn't seem to have crippled my efforts.  So while I had ambitions to make a sweet pie (like say, cherry pie or pumpkin pie), I ended up making another chicken pot pie.  I blame wanting a complex dinner (protein, starch, and vegetables all in one dish).

I may see if I can make additional pie crusts and freeze them for later.  I know that's doable with normal pie crusts... or at least I think it is.  Will have to research.  It'd be nice, though, because the pie crust itself takes a sizable amount of time, and then you just have the crust, no fillings.  The pot pie recipe isn't hard, but it also takes time.  So it'd be nice to have one of those things completed ahead of time and then I could just have pies.  Possibly including a French silk pie.  Though really, a graham cracker crust would be more appropriate to a French silk pie than a whole wheat crust.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment