Tuesday, June 14, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 6/14/16

No sites last week, but if I have my way, we're going to restart doing the LENS again this week.  We'd held off a bit longer because of starting the various supplements, but I can pretty confidently now say that my mood and anxiety are worsening and my memory is not improving enough to matter, if at all. It was worth a try, I guess.  It kinda felt like a holding pattern, what with doing the same protocol and just going around the brain week by week.  Apparently my brain hasn't sufficiently changed to keep that pattern yet. 

I'm kinda bummed about that, to be honest.  First it was trying to eat healthier, to manage my weight.  Then exercise.  Then LENS, because not even good diet and exercise can make me have fewer difficulties with people and emotions.  Now I have supplements, because the nutrient levels in my blood aren't high enough despite my efforts at eating better.  I'm probably going to have to add chiropractic work so my neck doesn't hurt and I don't get tension headaches every so often.  And I just got fitted for shoe inserts by a kind friend of mine, because my knees are dumb sometimes and it might be because of how I walk. 

Have I mentioned I'm not even 30 yet?  Does this seem a bit much to anyone else?  Not, y'know, like I can really complain too hard.  My older friends, and indeed my own mother, have it much much harder.  I just find myself relating to older people a lot more than I do people my own age.  Again.  I had that as a kid, too.  It was more with my teachers and younger adults, I think, though, so I'm not sure what'll happen when I'm middle aged and older.  The dead, after all, don't talk.  I haven't developed a reverse affinity for children as I've aged, either.  I kinda recall being one, and being annoyed by not being taken seriously.  So I do that, but trying to remember their concerns are very serious to them is really difficult when I consider most of their concerns trivial. 

That's maybe more of a general problem then a problem specific to my interactions with kids.  Adults tend to have more serious concerns, but sometimes the end of the world to an adult is a normal day for me, and I tend to have difficulty sympathizing in situations like that.  I'm more likely to want to say, "Yeah, uh, welcome to the club," then, "Yeah, isn't that awful?" 

Looping back around... The new supplement regimen is treating me okay.  I have more energy in the mornings, which is definitely an improvement.  I don't think I'm sleeping as well, which is definitely not an improvement.  I blame all the stupid vitamin B in everything,  I'm pretty sure it's not helping.  It's not usually making me burp and flail in disgust, but I'm having to take some right before bed with the zinc, and I'll bet dollars to donuts that isn't helping me sleep.  I'll bring it up with the doctor, but I'm not sure how much there is to be done, or even if it's a permanent thing.  Hope not.

This week I'm adding the final supplement: iron.  Rather important considering I try to give blood every few months.  Also likely to cause me more gut problems.  Hopefully not though.

Regarding last week and the chiropractic place... according to my doctor, the kind of marketing I sat suspiciously through is about standard for about half of chiropractic places.  So, uh, rampant manipulative psychology is the norm.  Since I haven't been to a chiropractor in years, I must've missed that transition.  Apparently it's either something along the lines of what I sat through, or the place will present itself like a doctor's office.  So it's not necessarily that this place is terrible and awful, so much as that they've been trained (knowingly or not) in the ways of unsavory manipulation by people they paid to do so. 

I... can't argue with them wanting to have more customers and keep their income going, especially if their particular practice is as good as they say it is.  But I really don't like being anywhere near manipulative psychology.  Depending on how badly my x-rays speak of my spine, I might have to put up with it anyway.  Wish me luck? 

No comments:

Post a Comment