Tuesday, March 29, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 3/29/16

One site last week.  No sites this week at all, because scheduling is full of special. 

I'm really really not sleeping well, which is bad news because today I need to drive down to Zeeland and check out the used Toyota Sienna I mentioned last Friday.  I'm feeling very awkward about showing up and going "yeah, uh, so I'm taking this thing to the dealership, 'kay?"  By the sound of the place, they won't mind, but it still strikes me as a blatant "I don't trust you guys" measure.  Which I don't, but it's rude to say something like that even if it's true.  The difference between truth, tact, and lies is sometimes kind of frustrating and anxiety-provoking.

I also have to apparently buy the car before I can get the car loan, which is just...great...  Oh, and get insurance for it.  It's a shame I really need the line of credit on my credit rating, because the amount of hoops I'm having to jump through just to pay them /more money in the end/ is completely exasperating.

Also today, apparently someone at the micro-enterprise place tried chainmail and couldn't quite make it work, so the organizer has gotten stuck with a bunch of supplies.  She's handing them off to me.  I'm grateful she's thinking of me, but I'm hoping against hope that the supplies are of the same manufacturer as my existing stock.  If they're not, I'm not sure what I'll do with them.  You would think that colored rings of metal are colored rings of metal, but they can vary by metal type, coloring method, and finishing process... suffice it to say that the rings offered in the craft stores are really not on the same level as the rings I order from my preferred source, The Ring Lord.  So we'll see, I guess.  That's right after I finish with the car business. 

Then I still don't get to lie down and curl into a stressed tired ball, because this evening there's the first "official" adult autistic people meeting.   I think it's just going to be hang out time, so nothing hugely stressful, but I already feel exhausted and I haven't even been up an hour, so y'know, not really a good sign.  I'm bringing pop to the meeting, which is to say I'm bringing sugarless pop to the meeting.  My fridge has never had so much pop in it, in so many flavors.  I have Sprite-knockoff, cream soda, and ginger ale.  There should only be like 5 people, so hopefully they won't be too put out if I don't have a cola knockoff.  I never really got enamored of Coke or Pepsi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment