Tuesday, February 16, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 2/9/16

Two sites this week.  I guess that's the new normal.

Not going to lie, I'm not doing well this week.  This weekend Chris and I need to get shopping done so we can start eating healthier, and the sheer amount of stuff we need to get, and the organization required to get it all, is kinda looking like a mountain.  It shouldn't be that hard once all of that is done; I can shop and follow a list easily enough.  But getting to that point seems overwhelming.

My friend Simon calls these kinds of things "cliffy."  He likes graphs, so at one point he plotted out difficulty of task as the Y axis and time as the X axis.

I just spent about 5 minutes trying and failing to find any graph that could adequately convey the concept.  Fortunately, my sister-in-law gave me a drawing tablet a few years ago.  So now you'll have to suffer my shaky hands in Windows Paint.  Sorry.


You can spend quite a bit of time dreading the doing of a thing, as it turns out.   So you can see right at the top there, a cliffy task stops being hard just about as soon as you work your way up to doing it.  There is, unfortunately, not necessarily a huge difference between knowing this is the case and not knowing it's the case, in terms of being overwhelmed. 

In addition to the planning and shopping, the Save the Date cards finally came in, which means I need to address a lot of envelopes and get Chris to do the same.  I also need to check the dreaded wedding checklist.  And figure out what to do with this wedding website I put together, because Chris didn't like what I did with it.  In his defense, I was very informal and sparse about it.  I just don't see a huge need to put a gadzillion pictures up, and write a three page essay about our engagement, dating life, and etc.  I presume this makes me hideously unromantic.  Or just really stressed out.  

This week I'll be seeing the Deadpool (comic book character) movie with some friends.  I've seen the Deadpool video game, and it's... probably going to be the same as the movie.  Deadpool, as a character, is the type of "nothing is sacred" comedy that I'm only occasionally up for.  Since I know it's coming, it should be fine.  Definitely not a movie to bring your kids to, though.  Even if you want them to be fellow nerds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment