Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Brain burned

I'm presently experiencing what I call "brain burn."  It's a sensation like my brain is overheating.  I'm not sure if that's an actual sensation or just an overactive imagination paired with knowledge of the fact that a computer's CPU is sort of like its brain.  Either way, it's a state I used to find myself in a lot prior to beginning my regular job.  

It's like trying to navigate through deep fog at night, only it's in my brain.  And I'm dead on my figurative feet.  It's hard to get stuff done.  It's hard to think coherently.  I've been spinning my wheels a lot in the last few hours, on relatively few calories.  Building a blog and making it successful are two very different things, and I have the metric ton of articles about tips and tricks to prove it.  Normally I don't mind learning new things like these, but at the moment my brain is reeling from everything else I have to do (and work tomorrow, so no sleeping in).  

I'm presently downloading a meditation app in hopes that the quiet time plus some dinner will help. It's interesting to note this exact sensation hasn't bothered me for several months, despite having lots of different kinds of stresses in my life.  Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't moved much while working on these problems, or the lack of achievement in solving any of them.  Or perhaps it's the lack of balanced nutrition today, or the lack of sunlight (it's been overcast all day today).

Whatever the cause, I didn't miss it, and I hope it doesn't come back.  I'm going to go feed myself, meditate, then put on some quiet piano music and hope it goes away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment