Tuesday, March 15, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 3/8/16

One site this week.

So Blogger, the site I use to write and post these entries, ate my carefully scheduled and pre-written-last-week entry.  I'd always kind of meant to start this blog on Wordpress, but forgot and started it on Blogger instead.  Perhaps this is a sign I should migrate everything sooner rather than later...

I voted.  I opted to beat the crowds and go in at 10am, between morning rush and lunch rush.  Apparently I needn't have bothered, since mine was the 86th ballot tallied at my location.  I'm hopeful lots more folks will show up around 5pm.

I'm still not sleeping super-well.  2mg timed release melatonin didn't have immediate wonderful effects, such that I wonder if it's a high enough dosage.  But I'll keep trying it for another night or two.  I might also consider more magnesium at night, but I'll talk to the doctor about that.

I'm stressing about wedding stuff at present.  Even with a nice polite online checklist to follow, there seems like so much to do and so little time to do it.  Even though the wedding isn't 'til November.

It probably doesn't help that I'm likely to do a lot of the decorations myself.  Not particularly because I'm super-artistic, but because the flower industry is kinda...sketchy.  And not great for South America.  I can fold origami flowers, and there's actually a few that look pretty nice.


Case in point.  Anyway, that's just one, the 8 pointed flower.  From memory, I can fold two other kinds suitable for a wedding (bellflowers and day lilies) and there's another couple online (roses and tulips) I can use.  I'm going to pretend the tulips are a wedding-appropriate flower because I'm half Dutch, in an area that values its 1910s Dutch heritage.  (Read: Tulips for EVERYBODY.)

Beyond that, there's marriage counseling to arrange, special diets to accommodate, the dress to get figured out...  It's a good thing, as I mentioned, that the wedding isn't for a number of months.  Hopefully I can get a lot of the things worked out in advance, so I don't have to stress as hard closer to the date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment