Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Legwork and Life, week of 12/19/18

This is Legwork and Life, where I track the legwork and opportunities in my career as an autistic advocate, and also describe parts of my adult autistic life, including my perspectives on everyday problems and situations.

Hello from my house, where Christmas is stalking me.  I've been trying to keep a bit more organized this year compared to years prior, but I dunno if I'm really succeeding.  This year, to be fair, was a bit more complicated due to actually decorating slightly for the holiday.  





Those strings of lights actually gave me a very minor electrical burn, because I managed to break one of the bulbs while I was trying to get the lights up.  So that was fun.  But the end result is kind of pretty, so I'll take it.  (Also, if anyone is confused: the lights are blue because my favorite color is blue, and therefore many things that I own are blue.)

I'm concentrating remarkably poorly this week.  Having the vent in the fireplace open seems to help, but it hasn't stopped the first part of this week from being the least industrious I've ever been at working on this blog or really getting anything done at all.  It really makes me feel bad.  I have ideas graphed out on an organizational website for things to write about, but when I sit down to write, I just... can't seem to focus long enough to put thoughts together.  

This particular section, Legwork and Life, was even a struggle to manage, and it's the easiest of them all, just summarizing what happened last week and anything notable that might be useful to parents or other people.  I have no idea what's wrong with me, but clearly something is.  And it's not likely to be mold this time, we checked for that. 

All of this is to say, I guess, that even though I'm highly verbal and generally handle my life well, I still have bad days and bad whole weeks, and couldn't tell you why.  So if you're a parent, and your kid is just... acting poorly or whatever for no apparent reason... maybe it's whatever's screwing me up.  Or something like it. 

I feel bad, more under-rested than usual (I'm yawning much more often than I should be), and fuzzy-headed.  And it's probably not mold.  That's about all I, a highly verbal and highly reflective autistic adult, can tell you.  No wonder parents have such a hard time finding out how to improve their kids' lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment