Tuesday, August 30, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 8/30/16

No sites for LENS yet this week, as we've switched to a biweekly schedule with a bit longer of a timeframe per visit.  I'm looking forward to this week's appointment, though, because I've been having trouble sleeping moreso than usual, and been completely unable to sleep in.  I'm tending to blame the Vitamin B, which by now has probably built up quite a bit in my system, but that's speculation.  I'll see what the doctor has to say.  But it's really unpleasant, to say the least.

Actually, right this instant I feel kind of dizzy.  Somewhere between dizzy and wound up, I guess?  It feels like a swarm of perplexed bees is stuck in my head, but distancewise they're maybe across the room or something.

I've used that descriptor for LENS-related stuff before, actually.  That was one of the first signs I had that LENS did something, was that feeling.  It went away after a day, though, and this has just sort of built up after awhile.

I've taken a couple "chill pills" to try and compensate.  They're mint-flavored GABA lozenges, so you basically just put one on your tongue and try to relax while the GABA neurotransmitters calm your brain down.  I carry them around regularly, but rarely use them because they don't do a whole lot for me normally, and I honestly forget they're there.  Carrying them does give me a sense of some security, though, so I carry them anyway.

Today, though, and yesterday, for that matter, I've used two at a time.  I think it helps?  It did yesterday.  I'm hoping it will today, because this is kind of miserable.  I'm having trouble focusing and doing anything I don't pour lots of effort into.  That bodes poorly for writing the rest of this entry, but since it's important to me that I do so, perhaps it'll be okay.

I'm... managing wedding prep stuff.  Somewhat.  Dress is in the process of being made, wedding favors are coming along, centerpieces are stalled on my end but not stalled on the potter's end.  My parents have offered to help with expenses of things, but I feel really awkward going, "hey, so this thing would be cool to have for the reception, wanna pay for it?"  Which I'm fairly certain is silly on my part, but it bothers me, silly or not.  I'm a little frustrated because I lost my notes on what I wanted to do with flowers for my bridesmaid(s), but I found some pretty materials online, so I got some.  I'll have to try to piece together something new, I guess. (My notes were on my tablet, prior to shipping it off to be fixed, so like all the rest of the local data, they're gone for good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment