Monday, February 2, 2015

Womens' fashion in 2014: causing dizziness in 10 minutes or less (8/16/14)

I went clothes shopping recently at a department store, and had a rather unpleasant experience.  Not because the clothes sizes are basically decided at random, or because I hate clothes shopping in general.  No, this was because of the newest trend in women's fashion.  "Busy" patterns are in.  Tight-knit lines, like optical illusions, reign rampant over shirts and blouses and dresses.  Diamonds and zigzags and concentric squares and circles over every square inch of every piece of apparel.  

I waded in, trying to find a nice solid blue button down shirt and a nice pair of black pants.  Ten minutes or less among the pages of an optical illusion book, and I felt ill, even dizzy.  My brain literally could not handle the complexity of all those pieces of clothing.  The dizziness lasted five minutes after I left the store, and then it finally abated.  Maybe I can avoid clothes shopping for the rest of the year... 

No comments:

Post a Comment