Monday, January 12, 2015

Taking Stock of Things (7/30/14)


Hi, I'm Sarah: Aspie, artist, advocate, and perhaps most of all, aspirant. I aspire to improve myself, my situation, and (if I can) the small piece of the world I can touch. I'm a fairly self-aware person for a person on the autism spectrum, and it's my goal in life to understand people and help people understand.

It seems like a lot of people don't understand autism, and that leads to confusion, dismay, and frustration on both sides.  This blog is my answer to that disharmony: a chance to share perspective and ideas with people on and off the spectrum.

Some quick facts:

- 25 years old, female
- graduated college with a B.A. in psychology
- lives alone in a tiny studio apartment and drives self around in a 15 year old minivan
- diagnosed ~3 years ago in college: autism, dysthymia (low grade long lasting depression), generalized anxiety disorder, and supremely terribly detail vision*
- currently working 6 part time jobs of various flavors to pay rent and other expenses
- volunteers in 4 other places because people need help
- vegetarian (with some exceptions, yay Certified Humane and others like it)


* cognitive disorder, not otherwise specified.  I scored in the lowest 5% of people in noticing and reacting to visual stimuli and detail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment