Tuesday, October 27, 2015

LENS and Life, week of 10/20

One site today.

My birthday is coming...  But first, my friend's birthday is coming, and I get to watch him squirm a little bit.  Also foist presents upon him.  Thankfully he's gotten a bit better about appreciating presents as gifts, rather than debt.  He was apparently radically conditioned to believe that he's a waste of matter, and all presents are debts that must be repaid because he clearly cannot possibly deserve either friends or freewill gifts.  I sympathize, because I too feel like a waste of matter on occasion, but do not even slightly agree.  He's a pretty cool guy, with a fantastic work ethic and an immense amount of passion for his hobbies, and he deserves all the appreciation he gets. 

Before my birthday hits, but after his hits, my job will end.  My doctor has recommended that I celebrate the end of my job and celebrate my birthday separately, so I might just do that.  (The fact that she's got at least two doctorates makes it extra amusing, because I can say "my doctor recommends..." quite seriously, like it's a prescription or something.)  At least one of those celebrations will involve fondue.  I've always kind've wanted to go to a fondue restaurant, so Chris has somewhat begrudgingly agreed to take me to The Melting Pot, a chain mid-fancy fondue restaurant.  They're not precisely around the corner, but at least they do have a location within half an hour's drive. 

I won't be able to have the meat fondue (I didn't realize that was a thing, now I want to try and make some with humanely raised beef), but I can definitely have the cheese and chocolate fondues.  The former are apparently served with vegetables and bread, and the latter with seasonal fruit.  I'm kind of excited.  I wish the experience wasn't going to be so expensive, but it's still going to be fun.  I really like both cheese and chocolate, so as long as I don't burn my tongue, it should be a good experience.  And a nice way to end the month. 

It's weird, I don't usually look forward to things.  Usually they fill me with dread, anxiety, or at least mild stress.  Progress, hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment