Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Legwork and Life, week of 8/8/18

Do you ever have days where the whole day seems to get eaten up by one problem?  Like, things just keep happening to make that one thing unimaginably more complicated than it should have been, and you end up spending literal hours on it?  Meanwhile, all your regular daily stuff just... doesn't get done?  That was my yesterday.  I had period cramps and illness and a headache that lasted all day to boot, which you can just bet put me in a fine mood. 

In general I kind of feel like yesterday was a waste, but I guess that's not really accurate.  I did deal with the complicated problem, and handled a few smaller regular tasks...  it just kind of feels like because I missed most of yesterday's stuff, I failed at the entire day.  I'm going to objectively say that's neither fair nor reasonable, but it doesn't really change that it's how I feel emotionally.  Meh.  Seems I need more practice in being kind to myself. 

Chris didn't end up winning anything at the company raffle, so I'll have to spend actual money if I want to go kayaking this summer.  I do think it'd be fun, but I had a look on Craigslist and nobody's really giving them away.  You're spending $200 minimum for a kayak, and that's for the shoddiest inflatable ones.  So, I'll have to think on it some more. 

Other exercise-related thing, Pokemon GO is stressing me out.  When I play a game, I don't generally min-max, or try to play in the most excruciatingly efficiently ideal manner, but I do try to at least be somewhat effective about how I play.  My spouse min-maxes and such for fun, so I have his insights to apply to any games we play together.  Unfortunately, for Pokemon GO, min-maxing basically involves driving all over the place, spending hours playing, and juggling a lot of little niggling details.  Also coordinating with tons of people over the Internet.  Given how low energy I've been lately, that's a hard pill to swallow... and trying to do just a bit, rather than all of it or none of it, doesn't seem to be working.  So I don't know what to do. 

It doesn't help that the game itself is still really buggy and likes to crash on me a lot.  If I play more than a few minutes, I'll probably have to restart the app at least once, and that unfortunately involves entering all the login information each time.  And then changing all the settings back to what I want them as, because it forgets them each time as well.  My friend, who's been playing this without a break since it launched, has basically just given up on the game being any good.  Every time it messes up, she just says a variation of, "Well, Niantic (the creator company) is still terrible."  It's kind of a sad state of affairs.  She still plays because she walks for exercise, and so she just gets out the game then and basically doesn't play otherwise. 

I dunno.  I guess, overall, I'm just tired.  Low on energy, and feeling like I just keep getting lower.  Hopefully it's just something some sleep, good food, and some relaxation can fix...

No comments:

Post a Comment