Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Legwork and Life, week of 10/25/17

 I didn't manage to explode from glee this week, but the wedding went really well.  The grooms were adorable, the food was tasty, the table we were placed at was full of reasonably interesting people.  I wore my wedding dress with the fancy tiny jacket my friend made to match it, which made it both different and more appropriate to the fall weather.  I was amused to find out that my dress matched one of the groom's colors.  I love blue, and it turned out that the grooms' colors were forest green and sapphire blue, and my dress went well with that.  It also went well with my hair, which thoroughly entertains me also.

This was my dinner: ratatouille served in a hollowed out pumpkin.

The centerpieces were all like this, and the internal light could rotate through the colors of the rainbow.  They started blue and green, of course.
I didn't smile or grin for the entire wedding, but it was easily at least half the wedding, so we can safely round up.  Particularly if the grooms were being adorable and loving.  It really makes me happy to see them so happy, when the world around us is so very not.  And the odds are so low for two gay guys to find love with so many loving, supportive family and friends, you can't help but be so glad when people beat the odds. 

In other news, my birthday is sneaking up on me.  I'm going to be 29.  I'm a little sulky about leaving my 20s behind soon.  I didn't hate being in my 20s, mostly.  Now instead of being a young adult I'm heading toward just "being an adult" and I don't feel all that adult-ish.  I don't feel like a teenager, I guess, or like any particular age group.  But it's annoying to know my body is going to only get more persnickety and less forgiving as time goes by.

Hopefully it's just this house getting to me.  We're visiting Chris' parents at present, after a stint with Chris' older brother.  We've seen some lovely places, like a little chocolate shop and milk farm in the country, an upscale bread store, a boardwalk over a swamp area, an aquarium (with beluga whales!), and a science museum.  I've been taking something to help my body metabolize the mold, or whatever it is in this house that makes me crabbity, depressed, and anxious, but I swear it wears off by the evening.  That still gives me most of the day to be pleasant to be around, which is much better than being a grump 24/7.  Still, it makes my evenings kind of unpleasant.

It's been a busy trip, but basically a good one overall.  Still have a few more visits this week to take care of.  Friends later today, an aunt and uncle tomorrow, and then on Friday we'll drive partway back to Michigan.  Saturday we'll see more friends, and then return home, where I can hopefully get the last of the mold from my system and get 30 hours of sleep in my own bed.

And maybe work on my buffer, again.  My backlog of Friday entries and Reading the Researches is all but gone again.  It definitely served its purpose well, but I'd be happier if I had some cushion about my upcoming week.  Ah well...  at least I'm not having to flail and panic during my trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment