Tuesday, September 13, 2016

LENS and Life, week of 9/13/16

As of today, it is 2 months until I get married.  Eek.  The dress is in progress, I finally have materials for finishing the wedding favors, but I need to get moving on the bouquets.  Specifically, I need to hurry up and get tons of origami paper.  And at least two foam balls to stick flowers into for the bridesmaid bouquets.  Which have a name, and you'd think I'd remember what it is since I've been a bridesmaid like three times.  Oh well. 

LENS this week, but tomorrow.  I was going to complain to the doctor about something, but it's slipping my mind as to what it was.  

I seem to be stabilizing on the supplements, finally.  From talking to my doctor, it sounds like the B vitamins aren't the direct cause, but something that they influence certainly is.  I'm going in to do the sleep study in a couple weeks.  Hopefully that'll clue me in to why I don't feel rested in the mornings.

I would feel very frustrated by all the dead ends I've run into for figuring out how to help my general wellness and energy level, but from the sound of it, this is pretty much par for the course when it comes to autism.  The books I've read talk about visit after visit to the doctor, changing doctors to try to find ones more sympathetic and willing to listen, trying alternative medicine, and trying pretty much anything under the sun so long as it doesn't hurt your child.  While I have limited resources to throw at such things, I can certainly appreciate the tales of tenacity.  Maybe this sleep study will be a vital clue.  Or maybe it's back to banging my head on a wall.  We'll see. 

There is another angle I might ask after when I next visit the doctor.  I seem to be having trouble regulating my internal temperature.  Particularly at night, so perhaps it'll just show up on the sleep study data.  I used to help regulate it by sticking a leg out from under the covers, but now that makes the foot freezing cold and very uncomfortable, to the point of waking me up.  I have fuzzy socks, so sometimes I'll wear those, but I can simultaneously be too hot and too cold, and the former very quickly shifts to the latter.

A minor problem, generally, but the thing with my particular autism is that it's already difficult enough to get through life just with autism and the associated sensory sensitivities, depression, anxiety, etc.  I'm working on compensating for those, but in the meantime, any support or removal of other things that drain my energy or make it harder to function is vastly helpful.  There may be little to do about the autism, and little to do about the sensory issues, but the more energy I can throw at dealing with the anxiety and depression, the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment